Advocacy at Westside Family Health Center
The 2016 election has changed the landscape of health care in America. With the Affordable Care Act threatened, many people are faced with the possibility of being uninsured. In addition, many other programs essential to health care in this country, such as Title X and Medicaid are under fire as well. And one of the most threatened areas of health care is women’s reproductive rights, an issue at the heart of WFHC since we were originally founded as a women’s clinic, and 73% of our patients today are female.
WFHC is also very concerned about the social determinants of health and how issues such as gun violence, food insecurity, poverty, unemployment, immigration status, climate change, and homelessness, among others, affect people’s health.
For this reason, Westside Family Health Center has embarked on an Advocacy Campaign. The goals of this campaign are to:
1. Educate our supporters and those in our community.
2. Take action to express our will to our political representatives.
3. Preserve and protect the Affordable Care Act and the health of those we serve.
In addition, Westside Family Health Center will be communicating about issues related to the social determinants of health, so that those in our community and our country can lead healthier, happier lives.
We will be letting you know what simple steps you can take to make your voice known and have an influence on the outcome of healthcare, such as calling or writing to your local representatives.
If you are not currently on our mailing list, we invite you sign up (at bottom of page). Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook. Join the community of those standing up for our health rights.
In doing so, we are all working toward providing a voice for those who cannot be heard.
Advocacy E-blasts from Debra A. Farmer
President/Chief Executive Officer
Click to Enlarge
Support the Affordable Care Act
1. Contact Senator Dianne Feinstein and Senator Kamala Harris and thank them for their NO vote on repealing the ACA.
- Senator Feinstein – 310-914-7300
- Senator Harris – 213-894-5000
- Call Congress today at 202-224-3121
2. Follow the voice prompts and you will be connected to your Congressional office.
3. Let them know your name.
4. Tell them that you support the ACA and don’t want to see it repealed, particularly without a replacement.
5. Remind them that California has cut its uninsured rates in half, that we have created thousands of new jobs and have healthier communities.
Click on each of the images below to enlarge.
- Print out a set of cards on 8.5" x 11" card stock, double-sided.
- Address, stamp, and mail.
- Give cards to your family, friends, and those in your community groups such as schools and places of worship.